SCDD Bay Area Office
- November 30, 2016 – Regional Advisory Committee Meeting
- September 28, 2016 – Regional Advisory Committee Meeting
View Agenda View Packet
- 2016-17 Regional Advisory Committee Meeting Schedule (PDF)
- Glossary of Terms, Phrases & Acronyms Used in the California Disability Services System (PDF)
- GGRC Self-Determination Advisory Committee Application (PDF)
- GGRC Self-Determination Advisory Committee Flyer (PDF)
- Application for RCEB Self-Determination Committee (PDF)
- RCEB Self-Determination Advisory Committee Flyer (PDF)
Program Development Grant Cycle 39
Regional Office: Bay Area
Organization Name: *Helping Hands East Bay
Dollar Amount of Proposal: $20,000
Goal Area Proposed: Formal & Informal Community Supports
Proposal Narrative: Our proposal entitled “Empowering Asian Families” addresses State Plan Goal 5 (Early Intervention, Education, Transition and Post- Secondary Education) and Goal 6 (Formal and Informal Community Supports), specifically targeting underserved Asian families residing in the East Bay of northern California who speak primarily Cantonese, Mandarin, Vietnamese and Korean languages. Our proposal consists of organizing three educational conferences with accompanying resource fair from October 2016 through September 2017 to empower monolingual Asian families living with developmental disabilities to increase their access to information and resources.
*Pending successful completion of the protest period.
Bay Area Office Mission
The Mission of the SCDD Bay Area Office is to ensure that persons with developmental disabilities and their families have the same rights and opportunities as the general population.
- The right to be protected from abuse, neglect and harm
- The right and opportunity to be as independent and productive as possible
- The right and opportunity to receive services and supports in the community
- The right to live and be served in the least restrictive environment
- The right to receive services and supports in a way that is sensitive and reflective of their own cultural preferences