SCDD Los Angeles Office
- March 27, 2017 – Regional Advisory Committee Meeting Notice and Agenda
- January 23, 2017 – Regional Advisory Committee Meeting Notice and Agenda
- December 12, 2016 – Regional Office Meeting Notice and Agenda
- October 24, 2016 – Regional Advisory Committee Meeting Notice and Agenda
- September 26, 2016 – Regional Advisory Committee Meeting Notice and Agenda
Regional Office: Los Angeles
Organization Name: *Project Get Safe
Dollar Amount of Proposal: $19,960
Goal Area Proposed: Health and Safety
Proposal Narrative: The goal of the proposed program is to protect effectively, assist, expand health and safety training, and empower individuals with intellectual/developmental disabilities within the community. Our program will achieve this in two ways: Provide highly targeted information, techniques, and tools to (1) increase knowledge and awareness for people with intellectual/developmental disabilities about the availability of and access to health and public safety-related services and supports, and (2) to educate and train first responders to more effectively recognize, communicate, and safely assist individuals with intellectual/developmental disabilities while honoring these individuals’ rights to safely navigate and contribute to their community. We will do this by providing a total often (10) training sessions to individuals with intellectual/developmental disabilities and first responders. Our two prong approach is (1) to conduct five 2-hour disability related health and safety awareness trainings for individuals with intellectual/developmental disabilities and (2) to conduct five 90-minute trainings for first responders to increase their knowledge and skills of better recognizing, communicating, and safely assisting individuals with intellectual/developmental disabilities. All aspects of our proposed program are built around evidence-based prevention and intervention strategies, approaches and techniques.
*Pending successful completion of the protest period.
- Get Educated! – Wednesdays from 10AM to 12PM – (Flyer)
- Important information about planning for emergencies (Flyer)