SCDD Central Coast Office
- August 19, 2016 – Regional Advisory Committee Meeting Notice and Agenda
Program Development Grant Cycle 39
Regional Office: Central Coast
Organization Name: *UCP WORK, Inc.
Dollar Amount of Proposal: $20,000
Goal Area Proposed: Employment
Proposal Narrative: Through this program we aspire to develop new curriculum, entitled “Individual Self-Determination and Family Supports for Employment (ISFSE).” The curriculum will incorporate the recommendations of individuals and family members whom the organization serves. The goal of the ISFSE project is to develop curricula that will positively impact attitudes and increase knowledge around competitive integrated employment for individuals with I/DD and their families utilizing a three-prong approach: self determination, teaching realistic and achievable goal development strategies, and addressing the heterogeneous levels of cultural capital amongst job seekers and their families. The project result will be both hard-copy and electronic curricula in the form of comprehensive handbooks that will be available to other providers of employment services for individuals with disabilities throughout the state.
*Pending successful completion of the protest period.
Important Information for the Central Coast Area
- Self Determination- Central Coast Office (PDF)
- Self Determination- Central Coast Office en Espanol (PDF)
- Flyer about the South County Self Advocates of the Santa Barbara Area (PDF)
- SSAN Newsletter (PDF)
- Self Determination Advisory Committee Interest Form (PDF)