AREA BOARD 1
AREA BOARD 1
Upcoming Board Meetings
- AB 1- Board Meeting Agenda- May 18, 2013
- AB 1- Grant Committee Agenda- April 18, 2013
- AB 1 Board Meeting Agenda- January 12, 2013
- AB 1- Board Meeting Agenda- February 16, 2013
Through an Area Board 1 grant, budding film maker, William French, directed and produced Directing: ABC No Barriers, a documentary which has been an excellent tool for educating the public and business community about the talents of people with developmental disabilities.
Link to Documentary: Directing: ABC No Barriers
Director: William French
Associate Producers: Freda Zody, Jason Rader, Matt Senften
Documentary Funding provided by: State Council on Developmental Disabilities (SCDD) Area Board I, Community Program Development Grant
About the Director:
- One of the individuals featured – DJ Mark Anthony’s business was helped through a prior Area Board mini grant and his business is still going strong.
- The program credits this video as being instrumental in acquiring resources for clients: it was shared with software developers to encourage the developers to consider the program (in the video) as a resource to test the software. The program was given access to very sophisticated software for people with autism and other verbal communication difficulties.
Area Board 1 has selected the following agency for a $20,000 Program Development Grant
This project will provide hands on training to staff and clients in the discovery and customized employment process leading to a customized employment outcome for a minimum of two individuals. This project will allow Progressive Employment Concepts to gain the tools needed to have continued success in finding jobs for the individuals we serve, especially those with higher support needs.