AREA BOARD 1
Upcoming Board Meetings
- Febuary 7-8, 2014- Area Board 1 Meeting Notice and Agenda.
- 2014 Del Norte County Emergency Planning Workshop
2014 grants Cycle 37
- Cycle 37 Grant Announcement
- Area Board 1 Cycle 37 Grant Request for Proposal (RFP)
- Cycle 37 Grant Budget Detail Sheet
- Cycle 37 Instructions
- Cycle 37 Project Data Sheet
- Cycle 37 Proposal Checklist for Applicant
- Payee Data Record (PDF)
Grant Awarded - Cycle 36
- March 25, 27 2014- Emergency Planning Workshop Flyer
- Enriching Lives - Eureka, CA • Awarded $10,000 • Multiple Counties
Enriching Lives will organize and provide 12 workshops called “Emergency Planning Supports.” Major activities of this project include three separate all-day workshops that will be held in each of the four counties served by Area Board 1.
In the summer of 2014, a follow-up exercise will be held in which all individuals will be invited to participate and practice their newly developed emergency plans that may be held in conjunction with the Cascadia contingency drill held by the state. Grant notice.
Through an Area Board 1 grant, budding film maker, William French, directed and produced Directing: ABC No Barriers, a documentary which has been an excellent tool for educating the public and business community about the talents of people with developmental disabilities.
Link to Documentary: Directing: ABC No Barriers
Director: William French
Associate Producers: Freda Zody, Jason Rader, Matt Senften
Documentary Funding provided by: State Council on Developmental Disabilities (SCDD) Area Board I, Community Program Development Grant
About the Director:
- One of the individuals featured – DJ Mark Anthony’s business was helped through a prior Area Board mini grant and his business is still going strong.
- The program credits this video as being instrumental in acquiring resources for clients: it was shared with software developers to encourage the developers to consider the program (in the video) as a resource to test the software. The program was given access to very sophisticated software for people with autism and other verbal communication difficulties.